The National Federation of the Blind, based in Baltimore, MD is looking for a qualified Digital Communications professional to join our team. You will be responsible for creating and overseeing content creators for the organization, ensuring content is up to date, on-brand, and relevant. Responsibilities also include monitoring email analytics, web traffic, and website metrics. This role makes a critical contribution to the overall mission of the National Federation of the Blind. Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills and perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content optimization and brand consistency, we would like to meet you. Digital Communications efforts include maintaining nfb.org and other domains in the NFB’s online portfolio.
The responsibilities of the Digital Communications Coordinator will:
- Oversee content creation and publishing
- Review content developed by various stakeholders, review, edit, and approve as necessary for a range of digital communications including web and emails
- Participate in design and development of new nfb.org website
- Be familiar with accessibility best practices and guidelines to ensure proper implementation (will provide training)
- Create and oversee content calendar that aligns with communication strategies, tactics, and organizational milestones and events
- Oversee email communications
- Understand and implement SEO best practices and train content creators on these practices
- Keep up-to-date with industry website trends and best practices and ensure we are current
- Understand web copywriting best practices and contribute copy as needed
- Contribute to homepage planning and updates
- Use Google Analytics to analyze website traffic and recommend updates and improvements based on this data (Training possible.)
- Manage Google Webmaster tools for SEO, etc (Training possible.)
- Integrate with social media as needed
- Work with the e-commerce team to ensure good usability, content and navigation of new our e-commerce site
- Oversee division website updates and maintenance (approximately 10 sites) to ensure proper branding, strong content, and good usability.
- Maintain organizational portfolio of domains, evaluating each for continued value and renewing as needed
- Consult on affiliate and chapter website development and updates to ensure proper branding and messaging
- Proven work experience in digital communications
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web/email publishing, Drupal and CiviCRM experience is a plus
- Knowledge of SEO, web traffic metrics, and email analytics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
How to Apply
We do not speak in terms of “positions” for many of our jobs at the NFB National Office, preferring to focus on the applicant’s total skill set in determining a fit with our needs. Candidates for jobs at this level are hired on the basis of their education and experience ratings and careful assessment of performance in multiple interviews. We seek individuals who long to identify with a cause and to assist in advocacy for a group long denied equal opportunity to succeed or fail on the basis of ability and not be denied opportunity on the basis of society’s stereotypes.
This job is open until filled. Applicants should send, preferably via email, a résumé and cover letter indicating salary requirements to: Human Resources, National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230; telephone 410-659-9314, ext. 2488; fax 410-685-5653; email [email protected].