Office of the President
The National Federation of the Blind is a membership organization of blind people from each of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. As America's civil rights organization of the blind, the Federation is a coordinated network of skilled advocates, resources, and programs that raise expectations of the blind in society and create opportunities for blind people to live the lives they want. The staff of the Federation are central to the organized blind movement by providing support, professional expertise, and daily contributions to the success of the organization. Working under the direction of the Federation's elected President, the staff advise the organization's leadership and contribute to the vibrant, energetic, and collaborative culture of the organization that raises expectations throughout society.
The National Federation of the Blind is searching for a qualified marketing coordinator to contribute to existing marketing programs/campaigns, assist with the development of new initiatives, and support social media efforts. We are excited to add an enthusiastic individual with a strong desire to learn and expand their marketing expertise to the team. Someone who asks questions, seeks additional projects, and produces quality campaign strategies. They have excellent written communication, allowing them to contribute to the content creation process by writing emails, blogs, and social media posts.
This person will be responsible for marketing campaigns, social media coordination, membership engagement, public inquiries, content coordination and writing, integrated content calendar creation and updates, and project oversight as necessary. Prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media is ideal. This individual must be a strong writer, an effective communicator, and able to work with a wide range of stakeholders. Must be well-versed in marketing best practices and trends to ensure they are adopted and followed across the organization.
- Coordinate the organization’s marketing strategy and campaigns with the Director of Communications and Marketing — including messaging goals and strategies, setting criteria for success, determining which tools should be employed, providing analysis on social media tactics and campaigns. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review and ensure campaign content reflects and communicates NFB brand.
- Manage national NFB social media profiles, make regular posts, and respond to followers on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and others.
- Stay on top of industry trends, news, and best practices across all platforms. Share best practices.
- Plan and oversee an organizational editorial calendar, solicit content from stakeholders across the organization.
- Implement the strategic priorities of the organization.
- Maintain lists of logins, passwords, etc. for Communications and Marketing tools. Ensure secure access and manage content contributors.
- Act as a liaison for NFB affiliates, chapters, and divisions across the country.
- Guide proper establishment of accounts and management of credentials.
- Support leaders by offering content, sharing their content, and building connectivity across the organization.
- Provide consulting as needed to ensure accounts are on-brand, well-managed, and secure.
- Ensure certain broader communications initiatives stay on track, including creating project lists, managing timelines, following up with content creators, and organizational stakeholders.
- Support content creation for broader communications and marketing initiatives, such as emails, blogs, podcasts, and building our audiences
- Coordinate general information and referral inquiries coming in via social media, email, and calls. Assist with maintain CRM database.
- Improve quality of service by recommending improved processes.
- Coordinate communications-related projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Project management and time-management skills for juggling numerous time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity of social media content and tools—knowledge about what types of content work best on what platform, how to engage each audience, content optimization, how to increase followers, etc.
- Copywriting skills—ability to convey on-brand messaging clearly and concisely in various formats.
- Understanding of SEO principles and implementation—understanding of the relationship between content creation and ability for the target audience to find and engage with the organization online.
- Understanding of accessibility principles especially for nonvisual access preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media.
- Understanding of the National Federation of the Blind preferred.
How to Apply
We seek individuals who wish to identify with a cause and to assist in advocacy for a group long denied equal opportunity to succeed or fail based on ability, and not be denied opportunity based on society’s stereotypes.
This job is open until filled. Applicants should send, preferably via email, a résumé and cover letter indicating salary requirements to: Human Resources, National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230; telephone 410-659-9314, ext. 2488; fax 410-685-5653; email [email protected]
The National Federation of the Blind is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, or disability. For more detailed information about our commitment to equal opportunity in employment, please email a request to [email protected]