The National Federation of the Blind is a membership organization of blind people from each of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. As America's civil rights organization of the blind, the Federation is a coordinated network of skilled advocates, resources, and programs that raise expectations of the blind in society and create opportunities for blind people to live the lives they want. The staff of the Federation are central to the organized blind movement by providing support, professional expertise, and daily contributions to the success of the organization. Working under the direction of the Federation's elected President, the staff advise the organization's leadership and contribute to the vibrant, energetic, and collaborative culture of the organization that raises expectations throughout society.
The outreach department is responsible for building dynamic and synergistic relationships with corporations, individuals, and organizations, and for fundraising at the national level. The department also serves a vital role in supporting the grassroots efforts of our local chapters and state affiliates to develop capacity, build relationships, and bring in much needed financial resources.
The National Federation of the Blind Outreach Department is seeking an Outreach Coordinator to work with our team on all aspects of outreach, relationship building, and fundraising.
The responsibilities of an Outreach Coordinator include:
- Donor stewardship – help individuals to connect with organizational resources and general information
- Gift processing – timely acknowledgment of donations
- Donor research and data management – maintain accurate and thorough CRM records
- Support event planning and execution
- Relationship building – support new and existing relationship building with organizations, nonprofits, and corporations
- Campaign coordination – support solicitation and stewarding of pledges, processing of gifts, and follow-ups during upcoming campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively relate to a broad variety of people
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and nonprofit experience (preferred)
How to Apply
We seek individuals who wish to identify with a cause and to assist in advocacy for a group long denied equal opportunity to succeed or fail based on ability, and not be denied opportunity based on society’s stereotypes.
This job is open until filled. Applicants should send, preferably via email, a résumé and cover letter indicating salary requirements to: Human Resources, National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230; telephone 410-659-9314, ext. 2488; fax 410-685-5653; email [email protected]
The National Federation of the Blind is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, or disability. For more detailed information about our commitment to equal opportunity in employment, please email a request to [email protected]