...Providing access technology expertise to the world
What We're Doing Now
- Blind Driver Challenge - An initiative to stimulate the imagination of the brightest minds in engineering and to establish an unparalleled path of nonvisual technology innovation.
- International Braille and Technology Center for the Blind (IBTC) - A comprehensive evaluation, demonstration, and training center, complete with over $2.5 million worth of nearly all of the tactile and speech output technology now available to the blind, the IBTC serves as a rich resource for vendor-free advice on all aspects of access technology.
- NFB Nonvisual Accessibility Web Certification - The National Federation of the Blind has developed a rigorous procedure by which Web sites and applications that have made special efforts to be accessible to the blind can be identified and recognized.
- Technology Resource List - Do you need a comprehensive list of the latest access technology available? Check out our technology resource list! From notetakers to talking thermostats, you'll find the information you need, including contact information for the manufacturer.
- User Experiences - If you want more than just product information, try our Access Technology Blog for first-hand stories about using access technology. The latest tips for users can be found on Access Technology Tips.
- Accessing Consumer Electronics - For the consumer electronics updates, visit our Consumer Electronics page. The NFB maintains a list of Usable Consumer Electronics which we have tested. We also have an Accessible Home Showcase at the National Center for the Blind in Baltimore which you are welcome to visit.
- Nonvisual Election Technology - Casting a secret ballot is a right most Americans take for granted. Now, for the first time ever, speech output technology voting machines make it possible for blind and visually impaired people to cast a secret ballot privately and independently.
For More Information
Call our Technology Answer Line at (410) 659-9314, ext. 2420.
Contact our technology team:
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street
at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, ext. 2413
(410) 659-5129 (Fax)