NFB BELL Program FAQs
What are the dates, time, and location of the programs taking place in Illinois?
- Chicago, IL: June 18 - July 1, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The Chicago Lighthouse
1850 W. Roosevelt Rd.
Chicago, IL 60608
- Springfield, IL: July 20-24, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
YMCA/Church classrooms. The exact location is to be determined, please check back soon for details.
How are lunches handled for the NFB BELL programs in Illinois?
- Chicago, IL: Lunches will be provided. All efforts will be made to meet dietary needs but it may be necessary to provide a lunch if needs cannot be met.
- Springfield, IL: Lunch will be provided for all participants for the duration of the program.
Is transportation provided?
Transportation will not be provided at either location.
What is the registration fee for the NFB BELL programs in Illinois?
- The registration fee for the Chicago program is $50.00.
- The registration fee for the Springfield program is $50.00 (parent/child pair).
Who should I contact if I have questions about the NFB BELL programs in Illinois?
Mail: 81 McCarthy Drive
Springfield, IL 62702
For the Chicago program: There will be a voluntary parent meeting on June 20 that coincides with a voluntary child trip with members of Freedom Link. We will be taking four amazing trips utilizing public transportation. In the past we have gone to Navy Pier, rock climbing, and the beach.
For the Springfield program: This program is designed with the fact that people may be traveling from outside of the Springfield area. Hotel, food, and programming arrangements have been developed for a parent/child pair. While children are working on their Braille, non-visual techniques, and travel skills, parents will be learning to task analyze, gain resources, and collaborate with other parents of blind children. Optional evening programing will be offered.