NFB BELL Program FAQs
Early application May 31, Late application up to July 15
What are the dates and location of the program taking place in Maryland?
- Baltimore, MD: July 28-August 8, 2014, at NFB Jernigan Institute, at Jernigan Place, 200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
- Glendale, MD: July 28-August 8, 2014, at Reid Temple AME Church, 11400 Glendale Boulevard, Glendale, MD 20769
How are lunches handled for the NFB BELL program in Maryland?
Lunch is provided at both locations.
Is transportation provided?
Transportation is the parent or guardian’s responsibility. Assistance with transportation may be provided on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if transportation is a concern.
What is the registration fee for the NFB BELL program in Maryland?
Registration is $175 if the application is submitted by May 31 and $200 if the application is submitted June 1 or later. A $20 deposit is required to save a spot for your child and the remainder of the registration fee is due July 15. If paying the registration fee will be a financial hardship for your family, please contact us.
Are there any other details about the NFB BELL program in Maryland of which I should be aware?
- The Baltimore program will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The Glendale program will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- There will be a seminar for parents whose children are participating in the NFB BELL program on August 8, at the NFB Jernigan Institute. This seminar will allow parents to network with one another, learn techniques to help their children continue the skills they learned in the NFB BELL program, ask questions about Braille and other alternative techniques, and learn about resources for blind children and their families in Maryland. Parents will also have the opportunity to learn about the Maryland Parents of Blind Children and the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland, two organizations with which parents should be familiar. You will not want to miss this event, so mark your calendars and plan to attend.
Who should I contact if I have questions about the NFB BELL program in Maryland?
Mail: 1026 East 36th Street
Baltimore, MD 21218