NFB BELL Program FAQs
April 20, 2013
What are the dates and location of the program taking place in Utah?
Salt Lake City, Utah: June 10 to June 21, 2013
How are lunches handled for the NFB BELL program in Utah?
- Parents/Guardians are expected to provide lunch for their child every day.
- A snack will be provided for each participant by the NFB BELL team. Please alert us to any dietary needs or food allergies.
Is transportation provided?
Transportation is the parent/guardian’s responsibility.
What is the registration fee for the NFB BELL program in Utah?
There is no registration fee for this program.
Are there any other details about the NFB BELL program in Utah of which I should be aware?
- The program will be held on the campus of the Utah School for the Deaf and Blind. The address for the campus is 1655 East 3300 South, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- The hours for the program are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Parents may drop off their children between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. and picked up their children between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m.
- The success of this program is dependent on your child attending all ten instructional days. If your family is unable to commit to the ten days, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Please put sunscreen on your student every day. We will be spending some time outside if the weather permits. Please send a hat or sunglasses if your student uses them regularly.
- Please have your student wear appropriate shoes for walking around the campus and playing outside.
- Wendy Bybee or Annette Newbold, NFB BELL program coordinators, will contact you personally to arrange a time to do a brief Braille assessment of your student.
Who should I contact if I have questions about the NFB BELL program in Utah?
Wendy Bybee at email@example.com, 801-965-1113, or 801-910-2542