HumanWare's BrailleNote mPower and BrailleNote PK can now access RFB&D AudioPlus DAISY Books
HumanWare's US customers can now use their built-in BrailleNote DAISY book reader to access the more than 100,000 AudioPlus' books available from RFB&D®. Because these books are password protected, they require special software to play. This software is enabled in KeySoft 7.21 build 54.
When you have installed the software, follow these steps to play the RFB&D® AudioPlus® books on your BrailleNote:
1. If you are not already a member, apply for membership of the RFB&D® library. The application forms are available at http://www.rfbd.org/.
2. Complete a User Authentication Form to apply for a User Authentication Key (UAK) that will allow you to play the RFB&D® library books on your BrailleNote.
Note: The UAK is unique to the serial number of your machine and cannot be transferred to or from any other Daisy Book player.
3. When you receive your UAK number, enter it into your BrailleNote. To do this:
- Go to the Main Menu on your BrailleNote.
- Select the Utilities option, by stepping through the Main Menu until you get to Utilities and pressing Enter, or by pressing U anywhere in the Main Menu.
- From the Utilities Menu, go to "Key Management" by stepping through the list and pressing Enter, or by pressing K followed by Enter.
- From the Key Management Menu, go to "Enter a New Product Key".
- Enter the UAK number that you were given.
- You will be returned to the Main Menu if you are successful. You can now use the BrailleNote Daisy Book reader to read RFB&D' books.
4. When you receive your book CD from RFB&D', you are also given a 4 digit PIN number that allows you to play it. When you first open the book, you will hear a pre-recorded message and you will be asked for this PIN number. Enter the number to start reading the book.
5. For more information on DAISY books, refer to the Book Reader chapter of your BrailleNote User Guide. For more information on BrailleNote, please visit http://www.humanware.com/en-usa/home.