Where the Blind Work Webinar: Government Contracting
Where the Blind Work is a webinar series to highlight employment options and experiences that inspire and inform our community that blind and low-vision people are living the lives they want. And, you can too!
Join the National Federation of the Blind on Thursday, June 15, 2023 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern for a panel discussion featuring blind government contract professionals.
- Tracy Soforenko, Contracting Officer’s Representative
- Contracting Specialists: Sandra Sermons, Michael Davis, and Laura McLain
- Hear about their typical day—how they manage traveling, interviewing, etc.
- Discover skills that prepare for career success
- Education, training, life experience
- Hear how attitudinal and accessibility barriers are overcome at work
- Learn about alternative techniques and strategies used for aspects of these jobs—Braille, tactile methods, access technology