Is Your Diabetes Getting Complicated?
The NFB Diabetes Action Network can help!
Who We Are...
The NFB Diabetes Action Network is an advocacy and peer support group, established by the National Federation of the Blind because diabetes is a leading cause of blindness. Members work together as we manage our diabetes and its complications like:
- Blindness and low vision
- Kidney disease and dialysis
- Foot problems and amputations
- Heart disease
- Sexual dysfunction
The Diabetes Action Network, a division of the National Federation of the Blind, educates, empowers, and inspires people (blind and sighted) living with diabetes and its complications. We share our "can-do" philosophy through volunteer peer support and advocacy for diabetes technology accessible to the blind. We challenge one another to live our best and fullest lives.
What We Do...
Educate: Through our peer networks and publications we share strategies and technology advice to manage diabetes and its complications.
Empower: We help each other overcome our obstacles and self-manage our diabetes with confidence.
Inspire: We share our personal success stories to show everyone that we can thrive despite our complications.
Why You Should Join...
NFB Diabetes Action Network members enjoy:
- Membership in a powerful, nationwide peer network of diabetics who understand
- Our informative Diabetes Talk ListServ
- Dedicated advocacy for accessible diabetes technology
- Access to our treasure trove of print, audio, and Web-based educational materials to help give answers, and
- A wonderful opportunity to make a difference
YES! I want to join the Diabetes Action Network!
My $10 annual dues are enclosed.
Please make checks payable to the National Federation of the Blind and write "DAN" in the memo field.
Diabetes Action Network
c/o NFB Affiliate Action
200 East Wells Street
at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230