Each year, thousands of Federation members make donations during national convention to various funds that support blind people.
In 2022, your generosity is still needed to fund our great programs. When you give $20 or more between May 1 and July 10 at 3:00 p.m. central time, you will be entered into the Give $20 Convention Drawing.
Watch President Riccobono and Peter Tucic from HumanWare share some words about this important collaboration to double your Give $20 with NFB and HumanWare.
Double Your Give $20 with NFB and HumanWare
Display the power of a movement for Braille and beyond.
Thanks to a generous gift from HumanWare, the maker of solutions that help blind people live independently and participate successfully in today’s world, every dollar contributed will be matched up to $50,000!
Give $20 to Win!
Each $20 contribution is a chance to win. Your name will be placed in the drawing for each increment of $20 you give. Give $100 and you will be entered into the drawing five times and you could win the following:
- Round-trip transportation for two for the 2023 NFB National Convention
- Hotel at the convention
- Registration and banquet tickets for two
- $1,000 in walking-around cash
- $2,000 CASH!
Give $20 Contributions Support the Following Funds:
- White Cane Fund: These dollars go directly to the general treasury of the Federation.
- Kenneth Jernigan Fund: The proceeds from this fund are used to bring a number of attendees to their first national convention. It is named in honor of our former president and longtime leader to promote attendance at the national convention, where so much inspiration and learning occur.
- SUN Fund: These funds are being set aside in the event that they are needed to support the Federation during difficult times.
- tenBroek Fund: These dollars go to the tenBroek Memorial Fund which owns the property at 200 East Wells at Jernigan Place in Baltimore for the benefit of blind people.
How to Contribute and Qualify
You must specify a fund in order to be entered into the drawing. You can do this by using our Give $20 online donation form or in the memo if giving by check. Choose one of the following funds: Kenneth Jernigan Fund, SUN Fund, White Cane Fund, or the tenBroek Fund. Your donation will be counted for the drawing regardless of which fund you designate.
- Donate online now.
- Donate via phone by calling our donation line at 410-659-9314, extension 2430.
- Send a check to Attention: Give20 National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, 200 East Wells Street Baltimore, MD 21230. Be sure to have "Give 20" and the fund you are donating to in the memo.
Note: The drawing is for individuals and is not intended for contributions by divisions, state affiliates, or chapters.
Help us share the Federation with others. Thank you for your generosity.