The National Federation of the Blind is a membership organization of blind people from each of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. As America's civil rights organization of the blind, the Federation is a coordinated network of skilled advocates, resources, and programs that raise expectations of the blind in society and create opportunities for blind people to live the lives they want. The staff of the Federation are central to the organized blind movement by providing support, professional expertise, and daily contributions to the success of the organization. Working under the direction of the Federation's elected President, the staff advise the organization's leadership and contribute to the vibrant, energetic, and collaborative culture of the organization that raises expectations throughout society.
The Advocacy and Policy Department of the National Federation of the Blind is responsible for assisting the President in the coordination and management of all federal legislative and regulatory advocacy; providing affiliates with state and local legislative technical assistance, strategy development and training; membership support with education, employment, and social security issues; the administration of our Independence Market; and the administration of our NFB-NEWSLINE® system.
NFB-NEWSLINE is a free audio and Braille information service for blind, low-vision, deafblind, or print disabled US residents. It provides access to over 500 publications including national, state and international newspapers, breaking news, magazines, emergency weather alerts, retail ads, job listings, and TV listings. Subscribers can access these publications via a touchtone telephone, the internet, OnDemand email, portable players or iOS Devices such as an iPhone, iPod, or iPad. For more information, visit www.nfbnewsline.org.
- Manage and track NFB-NEWSLINE problem resolution.
- Manage and improve customer relationship management processes.
- Manage and improve the subscriber onboarding, training, and customer service experience.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic objectives.
- Assist with the management of system enhancements and track implementation progress.
- Assist with NFB-NEWSLINE state sponsor contracts.
- Works as the liaison with accounting to prepare invoices and track payments.
- Provides presentations to community stakeholders on NFB-NEWSLINE.
- Analyze NFB-NEWSLINE usage trends and make recommendations on resource allocation.
- Provides back-up assistance to the Director of Sponsored Technology Programs.
- Some overnight travel is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively relate to a wide variety of people.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to build relationships with community stakeholders including state sponsors, subscribers, and other disability organizations.
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Familiarity with business and financial principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership ability.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
Education and Experience
Experience with NFB-NEWSLINE preferred but not required.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
The pay range for this position is 50,000 to 60,000 dollars.
Please go to our benefits brochure to learn about the employee benefits offered by the National Federation of the Blind.
How to Apply
We seek individuals who wish to identify with a cause and assist in advocacy for a group long denied equal opportunity to succeed or fail based on ability-instead judged on societal stereotypes.
This job is open until filled. Applicants should send, preferably via email, a résumé and cover letter indicating salary requirements to: Human Resources, National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230; telephone 410-659-9314, ext. 2488; fax 410-685-5653; email [email protected].
The National Federation of the Blind is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, or disability. For more detailed information about our commitment to equal opportunity in employment, please email a request to [email protected].