Each year, thousands of Federation members contribute during national convention to various funds that support blind people.
In 2023, your generosity is still needed to fund our great programs. When you give $20 or more between May 1 and July 6, 3:00 p.m. central time, you will be entered into the Give 20 Convention Drawing to win the following:
- Round-trip transportation for two for the 2024 NFB National Convention
- Hotel at the convention
- Registration and banquet tickets for two
- $1,000 in walking-around cash
- OR...$2,000 CASH!
Matching Gift Provided by Aira
Aira has generously offered to double your dollars to the Give $20 campaign by matching all gifts up to 25,000 dollars. Aira is a valued partner and leader in the blindness community as a provider of visual interpreting. Thank you!
More Chances to Win!
Each $20 donation is a chance to win. Your name will be placed in the drawing for each increment of 20 you give. Give 100 and you will be entered into the drawing five times.
This drawing will be to support the following funds:
- White Cane Fund: These dollars go directly to the general treasury of the Federation.
- Kenneth Jernigan Fund: The proceeds from this fund are designated by the board for special projects such as getting first-timers to our national convention. It is named in honor of our former president and longtime leader who planned our conventions for more than forty years.
- SUN Fund: These funds are being set aside in the event that they are needed to support the Federation during difficult times.
- tenBroek Fund: These dollars go to the tenBroek Memorial Fund which owns the property at 200 East Wells at Jernigan Place in Baltimore for the benefit of blind people.
How to Contribute and Qualify
You must specify a fund in order to be entered into the drawing. You can do this by using our Give $20 online donation form or in the memo if giving by check. Choose one of the following funds: Kenneth Jernigan Fund, SUN Fund, White Cane Fund, or the tenBroek Fund. Your donation will be counted for the drawing regardless of which fund you designate.
Note: The 2023 Give $20 Campaign has closed. Come back next year to enter the 2024 campaign!
- Give online.
- Give via phone by calling our donation line at 410-659-9314, extension 2430.
- Send a check to National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, 200 East Wells Street Baltimore, MD 21230. Be sure to have "Give 20" and the fund you are giving to in the memo.
Note: The drawing is for individuals and is not intended for contributions by divisions, state affiliates, or chapters.
Help us share the Federation with others. Thank you for your generosity.