Linking Individuals to a Network of Knowledge
THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR OWN LIFE.
NFB-LINK provides mentoring relationships for individuals who would like resources and guidance on a variety of blindness topics. Information on a variety of vocational, educational, and recreational interests is available through this innovative program. These comprehensive resources are based on the collective experiences of thousands of blind persons who have succeeded in various arenas. NFB-LINK is founded on the National Federation of the Blind’s can-do, positive attitude about blindness, emphasizing high expectations, independence, and personal achievement.
Program Services Include:
- Online and in-person mentoring
- Advice for family and friends
- How to continue with your hobbies and interests, such as gardening, grilling, cooking, etc.
- Career development and opportunities
- Introduction to local and statewide blindness support groups and services
- Scholarship opportunities and advocacy training for blind students
- Information for parents of blind children
- Resources for blindness professionals, e.g., ophthalmologists, teachers, rehabilitation counselors, etc.
- Tips for seniors experiencing vision loss
JOIN OUR GROWING NETWORK.
Join our growing network and meet others like yourself. Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
To learn more about NFB-LINK and how it can change your life, please visit: www.nfb.org/nfblink
200 East Wells Street
at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230