Vehicle Donation Material
Below are materials that can be used to promote the vehicle donation program and ideas on how to use them. If you have any questions or would like to request materials, please contact Alice Kallaugher at email@example.com or 410-659-9314 ext 2282.
The below flyers are available for you to print for distribution. One is in black and white and the other is in color and will require a color printer. We also have color flyers available that we can send to you. If you need these contact Alice Kallaugher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-659-9314 ext 2282.
Below is a 16x20 poster promoting the program. You can take the file to your local print shop to take your advertising to another level.
Below is a printout promoting the program. Each sheet can be cut in half to make 2 prints.
4x6 stickers are available by contacting Alice Kallaugher at email@example.com or 410-659-9314 ext 2282.
The below inserts are available for you to print for distribution. Bright orange inserts are also available to be sent to you by contacting Alice Kallaugher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-659-9314 ext 2282. These inserts can be put in any mailing, such as donation letters, bill stuffers, holiday cards, or any other mailings that you might do.
Below are links to 30 and 60 second ads that can be played on local radio stations.
State Website Information
Affiliates that have a webmaster should include this HTML code. The code will display graphic buttons for the online donation form and for the toll-free number along with text about the program. Affiliates that just want to provide a link on their website can use https://nfb.org/nfb-vehicle-donation-form to direct users to the donation web form.
The tagline below can be used in your email signature:
Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today! For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org or call 1-855-659-9314.
Ways to promote the vehicle donation program
- Here is a list of ideas for places to put flyers and stickers promotion the program. Make sure to ask permission before leaving any flyers or stickers. Gas stations, car washes, mechanic shops, auto part and tire stores, local branch of Department of Motor Vehicles, driver education schools, rest stops, Senior centers, retirement homes, condo communities, church and school newsletters, bulletin boards, event announcements, service/meeting announcements, enlist volunteer groups to help pass out information around the community, grocery stores, restaurant and bar placemat advertisements, bulletin boards, waiting places, beauty shops, barber shops, doctors’ offices, dentist offices, law offices, spas, social security offices, veterinarian offices, drug stores, dry cleaners, movie theaters, bowling alleys, retail stores, post offices, banks
- Put information about our vehicle donation program on the back of local and state raffle tickets. This information should be on the part that is given back to the purchaser of the ticket. Possible wording: Wondering what to do with your old car or truck? Donating your vehicle to the National Federation of the Blind is convenient and may qualify you for a tax deduction. Call 1-855-659-9314 or visit www.carshelpingtheblind.org. Your donation can take the blind further!
- Put our vehicle donation announcement in various places on Craigslist: Wondering what to do with your old car or truck? Donating your vehicle to the National Federation of the Blind is convenient and may qualify you for a tax deduction. Call 1-855-659-9314 or visit www.carshelpingtheblind.org. Your donation can take the blind further!
- Ask pizza delivery places to put flyers about our NFB vehicle donation program on their boxes
- Anyone with a large email list can be approached about putting something in their newsletter
- Schools and churches can put notices about the vehicle donation program through their communication networks
YouTube and Social Media
Please share this video on your social media pages, such as Facebook and Twitter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVn7jbP6Iyw&feature=youtu.be