Content Warning: the following information addresses sensitive topics regarding abuse, sexual violence, and misconduct.
Please find previous updates and important details regarding the critical initiatives on Safety and Support:
March 1, 2021
- One of the steps we are taking to support the intentional culture shift towards full accountability is including a process to acknowledge and verify that those who register for convention will abide by the Code of Conduct. Anyone who registers for convention will need to check a box to acknowledge and verify that they read and agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- Lend your talents and voice to help further support our organization's culture shift, please sign up for one or more of the branches by submitting the Safety & Support Volunteer Registration Form if you are interested in volunteering.
- Our three branches are holding regular open calls for survivors and allies to get involved in our efforts or to bring concerns. Please join and learn more about our initiatives. Dates and registration available under upcoming events and the branch sections.
- Read a recent Voice of the Nation's Blind blog post from Sarah Meyer, Did I Say That was OK with Me? Understanding Consent and Boundaries
- Training, facilitated by RAINN, will begin on March 23, 2021. During this initial level-setting training, the audience includes: national board, national division boards, affiliate boards, NFB training center students, NFB training center staff, NFB training center boards, NFB national office staff, 2021 Scholarship Committee, and the Survivor Task Force.
- Our survivor-led taskforce has established three branches to accomplish the mission to ensure a safe, healthy environment throughout our movement. More details below.
- Our three branches are holding open calls for survivors and allies to get involved in our efforts or to bring concerns. Please join and learn more about our initiatives.
- When Survivors Lead: Introducing the Survivor Task Force, Braille Monitor, February 2021
- January 4, 2021: Partnership with RAINN
- January 4, 2021: January Presidential Release
- December 16, 2020: Open Letter of Apology