Future Reflections is a quarterly magazine for parents and teachers of blind children that offers resources and information based on the National Federation of the Blind's positive philosophy of blindness.
It is published by the American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults in partnership with the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children, a division of the National Federation of the Blind.
In Future Reflections, you will find:
- Resources covering topics from teaching blind infants to discover and explore their surroundings to issues in higher education such as access to Braille and recorded textbooks
- Stories about successful blind adults who can serve as role models for blind children
- A national network of parents who have shared similar experiences and who can provide information, support, and encouragement
- Guidance for teachers and educators including planning education programs, teaching Braille in school, and keeping blind children competitive with sighted classmates
- Answers to many common questions asked by parents and teachers of blind children
How to Subscribe
Future Reflections is available online and in print. It is also available through our NFB-NEWSLINE® program.
Subscriptions to the print version are available free of charge to addresses in the United States. Canadian subscriptions are $35 per year, and other foreign subscriptions are 75 US dollars per year. Checks can be made out to the National Federation of the Blind and sent to the NFB, attention Future Reflections, 200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21230. To subscribe to the print version, please send an email to [email protected]. Please include your address. Please also include whether you are a parent of a blind child, a teacher, or other subscriber. If you are a parent, please include your child's name and birth date.
- Vol. 42, No. 3 Convention Issue 2023
- Vol. 42, No. 2, Special Issue: The World of Work
- Vol. 42, No. 1, Winter 2023
- Vol. 41, No. 4, Fall 2022
- Vol. 41, No. 3, Convention 2022
- Vol. 41, No. 2, Special Issue: The Federation in Partnership
- Vol. 41, No. 1, Winter 2022
- Vol. 40, No. 4, Convention 2021
- Vol. 40, No. 3, Summer 2021
- Vol. 40, No. 2—Special Issue: COVID and Beyond
- Vol. 40, No. 1, Winter 2021
To read back issues online, please visit the Future Reflections archive.