The following are events of the safety and support initiatives. The events include reoccurring meetings with the Survivor Task Force branches, public speaking engagement events, upcoming publications, and more. If you are unable to submit forms, please feel free to call our extension at 2238 or email us at [email protected] and we can get you the information for the upcoming meetings. If you are interested in requesting the Survivor Task Force speak at an upcoming affiliate, division, committee, or group meeting, please submit the Safety & Support Online Speaking Engagement Request Form.
Open Calls on Code of Conduct FAQ
May 23, 2020 at 8:00-10:00 p.m. ET via Zoom
The Survivors Task Force invites Federationists and members of the blind community to attend open calls to review the Code of Conduct Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and to collect feedback on the Code of Conduct itself. Find the tentative agenda, 1CapApp, and Zoom participation information below. Spanish language interpretation will be available for access. Aggregated concerns collected during the Code of Conduct feedback sessions will help inform the Code review, which is presently underway.
8:00 pm: Welcome by Communications and Engagement Branch
8:05 pm: Pre-recorded welcome by President Riccobono
8:10 pm: Q&A on Code FAQs
8:40 pm: Assignment to breakout rooms to gather Code of Conduct Feedback
9:55 PM: Reassemble and final opportunity for Q&A
10:00 pm: Adjournment
The open meeting will be on Zoom. Closed captions and Spanish interpretation available on Zoom. For Captions via 1CapApp Access: https://ennis.1capapp.com/event/nfb
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 919 9201 0607
One tap mobile
Monthly Branch Meetings
- Saturday, May 8: Communications and Engagements meeting 4 p.m. Eastern
- Sunday, May 9: Training and Culture meeting 3 p.m. eastern
- Tuesday, May 11: Procedures and Oversight Meeting 8 p.m. eastern
- Wednesday, May 12: Climate Assessment Survey closes
- Saturday, May 22: Communications and Engagements Meeting 4 p.m. Eastern
- Sunday, May 23: Training and Culture meeting 3 p.m. Eastern
- Sunday, May 23: Encore Open Call to Collect Feedback on the Code of Conduct 8pm eastern
- Tuesday, May 25: Procedures and Oversight meeting 8 p.m. Eastern
Training and Culture Meetings
- Overview: open call for members and non-members, survivors/allies alike. These calls will be for information sharing, feedback capturing, and figuring out how people in the community can get involved in regards to training and culture.
- Registration: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUqf-urrDstGdd_6pfg_vhK7leydUVtuLYu
Communications and Engagement Meetings
- Overview: open call for members and non-members, survivors/allies alike. These calls will be for information sharing, feedback capturing and figuring out how people in the community can get involved in regards to communications and engagement.
- Registration: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIsdeCvqTgvGNzFZkRh9saASTKglSG6AVMY
Procedures and Oversight Meetings
- Overview: open call for members and non-members, survivors/allies alike. These calls will be for information sharing, feedback capturing, and figuring out how people in the community can get involved in regards to procedures and oversight.
- Please note: the July 6 Procedures and Oversight meeting is canceled.
- Registration: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0tdu6rqjMoHt2H7o5S102z7eqHKd4Zixxn