The National Federation of the Blind works to improve opportunities for blind students in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. NFB STEM2U, brings nonvisually accessible STEM lessons and activities to blind youth. The theme this year is space! Students of varying ages across the country will receive instruction from NFB personnel, blind mentors and expert instructors.
Dates and Location
- Louisiana - Baton Rouge, April 14, 2023
- Arizona - Phoenix, August 19, 2023
- Ohio - Columbus, May 21, 2023
More programs coming soon.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for blind and low-vision students in grades three to high school level who:
- Are interested in STEM
- Are unsure about STEM but interested in a fun program specific to blind students
- Are in need of hands-on, nonvisual skills training opportunities from blind role models
Please complete the STEM2U registration form.
Due to the generous donation from General Motors, blind students across the country will learn fundamental nonvisual tools and techniques they can use to pursue further education and careers in STEM. The members of the NFB are extremely grateful for this gift from GM, which will truly help blind students live the lives they want.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or call 410-659-9314, extension 2418.