Welcome to the NFB’s New Website
Welcome! We’re excited to announce that the National Federation of the Blind launched a newly redesigned website today. Our previous site, which was built in 2005, served us well, but it was time for an upgrade.
Based on extensive research, including a content audit and focus group testing among key membership groups at the 2018 National Convention in Orlando, our new website needed to:
- Reflect who we are in an authentic and powerful way
- Increase participation, support, and engagement from current members, prospective members, and the public
- Be the gold standard for web accessibility
- Showcase updated content and navigation, along with a new modern design
We worked with Acro Media, a web development firm based in Canada, to develop the new design and we coordinated with members, leadership, and staff to update the content and site structure.
Some of the new and enhanced features you’ll notice on the new site include:
- More direct paths to programs and services
- Multiple ways to reach popular content, including our publications, national convention information, advocacy and legal resources, the free white cane program, and blindness statistics
- Calendar of events
- More information about the NFB and our rich history
- Revamped state affiliate pages
- Detailed contact information for the national headquarters
We’re especially honored to provide this new site to our many members across the country, in addition to our friends and partners. Our website will continue to evolve as we continue to grow. If you have any questions or suggestions for future enhancements to the site, please email us at email@example.com. Enjoy our new site!